Arcoro is excited to announce the 12/2022 beta release for our customers and partners. This release provides enhancements to existing functionality intended to improve the usability of the system. This article will describe the software updates and provide details to help you get started with these enhancements if you are part of our beta release.
Time Off for ExakTime Mobile
Time Off for Exaktime Mobile will allow users the ability to view their assigned plans and available balance per plan. Submit time off requests and view their pending, approved, and denied requests.
Time Off for Exaktime mobile will allow managers to approve or deny requests based on permissions for employees within the manager's viewset. Managers will also be able to view their employees' time off requests in various states.
Mobile App and Device Requirements
Time Off for Exaktime Mobile requires version 2.85 on Android and iOS
Time Off for Exaktime Mobile requires an internet connection to utilize. If the mobile device does not have an internet connection, an error will display.
Time Off includes new ExakTime Mobile permissions for you to enable for your employees:
- Approve Time Off Requests - This permission allow employee to approve/deny time off requests and the ability for user to create time off request for users within their viewset.
- Approve Own Requests - This permission allows employees to approve/deny their own time off requests.
- Request Time Off - This permission allows employees to create and submit their own time off requests.
- View User Settings - This permission allows the employee when logged in to Exaktime Mobile to view the Notifications Settings page
- Edit User Settings - This permission allows the employee, when logged into Exaktime Mobile, to enable/disable specific notifications they want to receive. By default, all notifications are enabled. If permission is removed, the last settings the user enabled will be saved
Time Off on Exaktime Mobile is accessed by the new Time Off side menu option. Users first access the My Requests page. This page shows the user's assigned plans, available hours, and any requests in pending, approved, or canceled status.
Creating Time Off Requests
Users will click the Request Time Off button; per the plan they wish to submit a time off request for.
- Available Hours - Employees balance minus hours requested based on the new request form. This value will adjust dynamically based on the current requested hours.
- Request Hours - Hours requested for this request
- Start Date - The start Date selected will initially auto-populate the end date. Users can adjust the start/end date dynamically
- Include Weekends - When the start and end date span weekend dates, this will be automatically checked if the start or end date selected falls on a weekend.
- Weekly date grouping - If the plan option to allow employees to request partial days is enabled, employees can edit the hours requested per day. If the option to request partial days is disabled, employees will not be able to edit and default per day will be restricted to 8 hours and a start time of 8:00 am.
- Start Time - Default to 8:00 am. Start time determines the start/end time of Time Off time records.
- Comments - Optional comment field
Click Request to submit the request form. Click Discard or the X button to go back to the previous screen without saving.
Once created, Time Off requests cannot be edited. If the request was entered incorrectly, it must be canceled and reentered.
Creating Time Off Requests on behalf of other employees
Employees with permission to approve time off requests will have the ability to create time off requests on behalf of employees within their viewset. The request form will have no changes other than the details will be based on the selected employee the request is being created for.
With permission to approve time off requests, employees will see a Make Request for Others button.
The user will select from a list of employees to make a request on behalf of that employee. Once an employee is selected the manager will view that employee's assigned plans and any pending or approved requests. The manager will complete the request form on behalf of the selected employee.
Approving Time Off Requests
Users with permission to approve time off requests will see two additional tabs displayed within the Time Off section of the Exaktime Mobile App.
The approvals tab will display a list of pending employee requests only. Requests are initially shown in a compact block which can be expanded by pressing the down arrow to the right-hand side and collapsed by pressing the arrow again.
Approve Time Off Requests
Time Off requests can be approved by pressing the Approve button when viewing the expanded request cards or by viewing the time off request details and pressing the Approve button at the bottom of the details page.
Denying Time Off Requests
To deny a time off request, the user will view the request details and click the Deny button. They will be prompt to confirm the denial and can enter an optional comment. This comment will appear on the request details when viewed after.
Canceling a Time Off Request
Time Off Requests in a Pending or Approved state can be canceled only by the user who created the request.
To Cancel a pending or approved request, view the request details and click the Cancel Request button. Confirm this action and the request will be canceled. If it is an Approved request, the time records will be removed from the impacted employee timecards.
All Requests Tab
As the Approval tab will only display requests in a pending status, the All Requests tab will display requests in other statuses for employees within the manager's viewset.
The show filter button will allow the user to filter in or out requests in each request status of approved, pending, denied, and canceled requests. Managers can also quickly approve and view request details from this listing.
Time Off Notifications
Time Off includes default Notifications. These Notifications are enabled by default. The Settings page within Exaktime Mobile has a new Notification section. Users can enable/disable specific notification types they would like to receive.
Employees will be notified by one of three channels. One notification will be sent based on the priority of email first, SMS second, and push lastly.
- Email - If employees have an email address on their Exaktime profile.
- SMS - If an employee does not have an email address on their Exaktime profile but does have a mobile phone number.
- Push - If an employee does not have an email address or mobile phone number on their Exaktime Profile. To receive push notifications the user must be logged in to the Exaktime app when the notification is sent.
ExakTime Web and/or Mobile users who have permission to approve time off requests will also see the submitted for approval notification option. This notification will alert the manager that a request has been submitted and is pending review. The system defines an approver as one who has approval permission and has users within their viewset. For Time Off, users with all employees as their viewset are still eligible for request submitted for approval notifications. Individual users who are designated as approvers can disable the approver notification under My Settings on web or Notification Settings on the mobile app.