While we would suggest using the Dashboard or the Time Card Details page to review who is currently clocked in for the day, you can also use a report.
As a report will generally only show employees with completed time records, we recommend the "Touch Detail" report from either the Employee or Location section as it allows you to include incomplete records. The "Employee Touch Detail" report focuses on the employees and where they worked, while the "Location Touch Detail" will focus on your locations and the employees clocked in to those locations.
- Click Reports from the menu bar.
- Click Touch Detail under the Employee section or Touch Detail under the Location section.
Generating the Report
- Set your date range to the current date.
- Under the Report Specific Options, enable the "Show Incomplete Records" option. If you would like to learn more about the Touch Detail reports and the Report Specific Options, you can refer to the following dedicated article.
- Use the filters as needed to focus on any specific Locations/Job Sites.
- Click View Report to generate your report.
- The reports should show like below. If an employee has only clocked in for the morning with no other time punches, they will be listed with no hours. An employee with no worked hours merely indicates that the employee has clocked in for the morning and is working.
Our touch detail reports cannot take into account situations where an employee's time punches are unable to reach the employee's time card. This can be the result of, but not limited to:
- ExakTime Mobile not sending records to ExakTime Connect.
- JobClock Hornet not sending records to ExakTime Connect.
- Time punches are being quarantined due to a time card approval or closed pay period.
- Employees using a JobClock EX or LE that require the time punches to be collected and sent.