Employee Groups can be created and used in different areas of the system such as surveys and mass email communications to employees. They are defined by an eligibility rule that will only include employees that fall into the parameters set by the eligibility rule. This allows you to only target specific employees for things like Surveys and email.
Test The Employee Group
Before using an Employee Group, go into Employee Group details and "Save and Populate" the group to make sure the right employees are in the group.
- Expand Reports and click Employee Groups from the menu.
- Some menus/pages offer a link that opens a new window/tab to manage your groups like in the example below.
- - Click the icon to view a list of the employees in the employee group.
- Employee Group - Name of the employee group.
- Eligibility Rule -
- Count - Number of employees in the employee group.
- Created Date
- Last Modified By
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
Adding or Editing an Employee Group
- Click the name of the employee group if editing an existing employee group. Otherwise, use the Actions drop-down menu, click Add New Employee Group.
- Enter a name for the employee group.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the eligibility rule for the employee group. For more information about eligibility rule, you can refer to the following article.
Duplicating an Employee Group
- Use the check box towards the right-hand side of the employee group(s) populating your employee group list.
- Use the Actions drop-down menu and click Duplicate Selected Records.
- Confirm the duplication of the employee group(s).
- The duplicate employee group will populate the employee group list and its name will be prefixed with "Copy of".
Deleting an Employee Group
- Use the check box towards the right-hand side of the employee group(s) in the Employee Group list.
- Use the Actions drop-down menu and click Delete Selected Records.
- Confirm the deletion of the Employee Group(s).