The Questions tab allows you to create questions that your respondents can answer.
- From the menu, expand Settings and click Surveys.
- Click the name of the survey if editing. Otherwise, use the Action drop-down menu and click Create Survey.
- Click the Questions tab.
The Questions tab will list all previously created questions.
- Name - The question to be asked
- Reply Type - The type of question to be asked.
- Seq. # - The ordering of the questions.
- Page # - The page where the question will be presented.
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
Clicking the filter icon allows you to select which page of questions to view.
Adding/Editing a Question
- Click the name of the question if editing. Otherwise, use the Action drop-down menu and click Add Survey Question.
- Enter/edit the following information for your question.
- Question - Type your question as it will be seen by the respondent.
- Seq. Number - Determines the display order of questions within the survey.
- Page Number - If this is a multiple-page survey, select the page number. Surveys can be broken out by pages, and this box determines which page the question will appear on
Reply Type - There are 13 reply types available in surveys that allow for both multiple-choice or free text responses from employees.
- This Question is Active in this Survey - Checkbox to make the question active.
- Retain Options for next question - If using one of the 3 multiple-choice options you can also choose to retain the options for the next question. Continue to check this box through all the survey questions that you will create.
- When finished, click Add Question.
- If the question requires responses, refer to the Responses section.
- When you are done setting up the question, click Close to return to the list of questions.
Setting Up Responses
If applicable, add the response(s) to the question. Existing responses will be listed at the bottom.
Adding a Response
- Enter the following information for your response(s).
- Option - The name of the response the employee can select (ie: Satisfied, XL, Meets Expectations).
- Seq. Number - Determines the order in which responses will display to employees
- Correct Option - If the survey is graded, check this box to denote the correct response for the given question.
- When finished, click Add Option. The new response will populate the list/table below. Repeat as needed.
Deleting a Response
Use the icon towards the right of a response to delete it. There will be no confirmation to delete the response, so be sure that it should be deleted.
Deleting a Question
- Use the check box towards the right-hand side of the question(s) populating your question list.
- Use the Actions drop-down menu and click Delete Selected Records.
- Confirm the deletion of the question(s).