The Project/Cost Center Assignments tab allows for the assigning of projects and/or cost centers for an employee or employees to record time against.
Navigating to Project/Cost Center Assignments
- Expand 'Settings', expand 'Time and Labor Mgmt', then click Time and Attendance from the menu.
- Click the Project/Cost Center Assignments tab.
- The Project values are based on the projects created in the settings of Time and Attendance.
- The values available under the additional cost center tabs are based on the cost center configuration from the Setup Properties page.
- Keep in mind when using a hierarchical cost center configuration that the display in the Project/Cost Center Assignment tab does not limit the view or identify the hierarchy and it is important to make sure to select values that follow the hierarchy dictated in set-up properties.
Making Project/Cost Center Assignments
- Select the manager or --All Managers-- to filter what employees are available for the following step.
- Select the employee from the Employee drop-down menu.
- Select the project/cost center values as needed.
- If using a default, only specify one default per tab.
- Click Save when finished to assign the projects/cost centers to the selected employee. Click Save Assignments to all Emps of Manager to assign the projects/cost centers to all employees of the currently selected manager towards the top of the page. If "-- All Managers --" is selected, all employees in the system will have the assignments saved.