The 'Portal Text' tab allows you to configure a custom message that will appear on the Employee Portal under Announcements. This text is commonly used to communicate companywide messages such as announcements, special instructions, welcome messages, etc.
- Expand Setup and click Setup Properties from the menu.
- Hover over 'Employee Portal Setup' and click Employee Portal.
- Click the Portal Text tab.
There will be columns for:
- Date - The date of the portal text. Clicking the date will allow
- Title - The headline/title of the portal text.
- Short Description - The description that will be displayed from the Employee Portal.
- Description - The long-form description that will be displayed when viewing the details.
- Display Order
- Checkbox - Use the provided checkbox.
The Actions drop-down menu allows you to:
Adding New Portal Text
- Click Add New from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Compose your portal text:
- Post Date - Messages can be posted immediately, or future date using the 'Post Date' field
- Display Order - Allows you to display messages in a specific order
- Active Headline - The message will not display unless the 'Active Headline' box is checked.
- It can help to set up your portal text prior early and set it to 'Inactive', then make it 'Active' when needed.
- Headline - A short, 30-character preview that is viewable in the Announcement widget of the Employee Portal homepage.
- Short Description - Displayed on the Announcement widget on the Employee Portal homepage.
- Long Description - Viewed when an Employee clicks on the 'More' button in the Announcement widget on the Employee Portal homepage.
- Click Save & View when finished.
Deleting Portal Text
- Select the portal text(s) to delete.
- Click Delete Selected Records from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Confirm the deletion of the portal text.
What Employees See
- On the Employee Portal homepage, your employees will see the headline and the short description. The examples below are for the 'New Dashboard' theme.
- Clicking More... will show the long description.