Departments are optional categories used for grouping Employees added to your system and are utilized from the Employee's Employee tab on the Demographic Info screen.
If no values are defined, then the Departments drop-down menu for an Employee's Demographic Information screen will be blank.
Departments are required if you are utilizing the Time Reporting feature within your system.
If your Employee Data Import includes a field for "Departments", you must define the Departments from the related field value setup page before importing your data.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Field Value Setup in the top menu bar and click Departments.
Understanding Departments Page
Setup Options for Departments
- Code - The Code entered in this field can be custom and only allows up to 10 characters.
- Description - The Description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the employee record.
- - Clicking this icon will allow you to edit the description of a department.
- Description - The description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the employee record.
- Number Assigned - The number of employee records with the Department.
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
- Delete Selected Records
Adding a Department
- Enter a code (10-character max) and description for the department as required.
- Click Save.
- The department will populate the Departments list.
Editing a Department
- Click the edit icon towards the far left of a department.
- Edit the department code or description that loads into the top menu.
- Click Save when finished.
Deleting a Department
- Select the department(s) towards the far-right of a department record.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Records.
- Confirm the deletion of the department(s). If the deleted department(s) are associated with an employee record, the department(s) will be removed from their demographic info.