Note Categories are an optional setup feature that allows for an Employee Note to be categorized for easy identification/reporting.
Common note categories include Benefit Changes/Updates, Disciplinary, Employee Incentive Program, PIP, Recognition, Termination Write-up.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Field Value Setup in the top menu bar and click Note Categories.
Understanding the Note Categories Page
Setup Options for Note Categories
- Category - The Category entered here will be listed when using drop-down menus.
- Description - The Description will provide context for the note category.
Note Categories List
- - Clicking this icon will allow you to edit the name and/or description of a note category.
- Category Name - The category name is displayed in drop-down menus for selection.
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
Adding a Note Category
- Enter the note category name and description.
- Click Save.
- The note category will populate the list towards the bottom of the page.
Editing a Note Category
- Click the edit icon towards the far left of a note category.
- Edit the note category information that loads into the top menu.
- Click Save when finished.
Deleting a Note Category
- Select the note categories towards the far-right of the record.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Record(s).
- Confirm the deletion of the note categories. If the deleted note categories are associated with an employee note, the note categories will be removed from the employee notes.