Workers' Compensation Codes are generally used to identify the type of work of an employee, commonly by insurance companies, and are optional.
If no values are defined, then the Workers' Compensation Codes drop-down menu for an Employee's Demographic Information screen will be blank.
Navigating to Workers Comp Codes Field Value Setup
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Field Value Setup in the top menu bar and click Workers Comp Codes.
To add Workers Comp Codes, enter the Code and Description and click Save. A Cost Factor, Provider Code, and Policy Start Date can also be included.
Understanding the Workers Comp Codes Page
Setup Options for Workers Comp Codes
- Code - (Required) The Code field allows up to 10 characters.
- Description - (Required) The Description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the employee record.
- Cost Factor
- Provider Code
- Policy Start Date
Workers Comp Codes List
- - Clicking this icon will allow you to edit the information of a workers comp code.
- Description - The description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the employee record.
- Synced to Payroll
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
- Delete Selected Records
Adding a Workers Comp Code
- Enter a code (10-character max) and description for the workers comp code as required. Cost factor, provider code, and policy start date are optional.
- Click Save.
- The workers comp code will populate the workers comp code list.
Editing a Workers Comp Code
- Click the edit icon towards the far left of a workers comp code.
- Edit the workers comp codes information that loads into the top menu. The code cannot be modified.
- Click Save when finished.
Deleting a Workers Comp Code
- Select the workers comp code(s) towards the far-right of a workers comp code record.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Records.
- Confirm the deletion of the workers comp code(s). If the deleted workers comp code(s) are associated with an employee record, the workers comp code(s) will be removed from their demographic info.