Employee details allow you to enter employees' information, specify who they can see within ExakTime Connect and ExakTime Mobile, and what they can do within the system.
- Go to Manage and click Employees.
- Click the pencil icon towards the left of an existing employee.
As there are multiple tabs for employee details, we have broken them down for easier reading.
- Active Checkbox - Denotes if an employee is active in your ExakTime system.
- First and Last Name - A mandatory field for the employee that will be interacting with ExakTime Connect and/or ExakTime Mobile. A middle name or suffix can also be entered but is not required.
- ID - An optional field to denote the employee ID. If you were to use an accounting/payroll application, the employee's ID should be entered into the provided field for reference and/or AccountLinx use.
- Hire Date - An optional field to denote when an employee was hired. The hire date is also used for our time off feature.
- Hourly Wage - An optional field used to calculate estimated payroll and estimated labor costs reports.
- The hourly wage is not currently used with AccountLinx. All AccountLinx setups for wages/pay are performed within AccountLinx.
- Policy Group - The policy group is used to calculate an employee's overtime, time rounds, auto-lunch, etc. New employees will be associated with the "Default" policy group.
- Category - An optional field used to categorize an employee for easier reporting.
- Default Shift - The default shift is used by the Shifts feature to determine if an employee's time record should be associated with a specific shift.
- ExakTime Mobile Security Role - The security role for employees that will be using ExakTime Mobile. By default, we offer No Access, Employee, and Administrator.
- PIN - If an ExakTime Mobile Security Role has been assigned, a unique 4-10 digit PIN must be entered for the employee to use. The PIN can only be entered/edited from ExakTime Connect.
- ExakTime Connect Security Role - The security role for employees that will be using ExakTime Connect to determine what they can do in ExakTime Connect. By default, we offer No Access, Employee, Supervisor, and Administrator.
- Username - The username that the employee would use to sign in to ExakTime Connect.
- Verification Status - When an employee has been given access to ExakTime Connect, they will receive an email to verify their email is valid. The verification status will begin as pending until the employee either verify their email or lets the verification email expire.
- Email Address - The employee's email address will be used to verify the account, set up their password, and reset their password. The email address can also be used for certain functions such as emailing an employee their time card or reminding a supervisor to approve a time card.
- Mobile and Home Phone - An optional field used for reference, or for the sending of the employee's ExakTime Mobile PIN if a Mobile Phone has been entered.
- Date of Birth
- Language - The language that the employee will see when using ExakTime Mobile. By default, the language will be English but can be changed to Spanish and French.
- Address - An optional field for the employee's home address.
Field Notes allow you to see field notes that refer to the employee being viewed. This will not show field notes sent by them, but show field notes where the employee is the subject of the field note.
Keytabs are used by employees to clock in and out on JobClock hardware.
We already offer the "Employee Type" field for the Custom Field which is only used for reference on this page.