AccountLinx & SyncLinx are applications we offer that allow you to import certain information from supported accounting programs and export a file or export time record information directly into supported accounting programs
Installing/updating AccountLinx/SyncLinx can require elevated computer privileges and may require an Administrator login for your computer to proceed through the installation and setup. Please keep this in mind in the event that you need to consult with your IT professional for assistance.
All Copies of AccountLinx/SyncLinx Must Be The Same Version
If you are installing or updating AccountLinx/SyncLinx to a newer version, you must update all other copies of AccountLinx/SyncLinx in your office to the same version to limit any delays in using the software.
The latest publicly available version is 18.104.22.1687 as of 1/30/2024.
Starting with 22.214.171.124, AccountLinx will now automatically prompt when opening if a new version is available to help ensure you are using the latest version of AccountLinx.
Windows 11 Compatibility
As of June 6th, 2022, AccountLinx/SyncLinx has been verified as fully compatible with Windows 11.
Table of Contents
- Updating AccountLinx/SyncLinx
- Installing AccountLinx/SyncLinx
- Setting Up ExakTime Utilities
- Getting SyncLinx & AccountLinx Ready
For more information about how to update AccountLinx/SyncLinx, please refer to the dedicated article: How to Update AccountLinx/SyncLinx
You can refer to either our instruction video or use our step-by-step guide below the video.
- Download the AccountLinx installer below. Run/open the installer after the download completes.
- Follow through with the prompts at the bottom of the window.
- It will begin to download and install anything necessary for AccountLinx & SyncLinx.
- After the installer finishes downloading what it needs, it will begin to install AccountLinx. Follow the prompts for the installation.
- When the installation is completed, click Finish.
- When the installation is complete click Launch ExakTime Utilities and proceed to the next section.
- If this is an update to an existing copy of AccountLinx or a reinstallation of AccountLinx, click Finish as your ExakTime Utilities should already be set up.
Setting Up ExakTime Utilities
ExakTime Utilities is used by AccountLinx and SyncLinx to connect the applications with your ExakTime Connect account.
If you didn't use the "Launch ExakTime Utilities" button from the previous step, you can open it from the program folders. You can expand the following section for steps to open ExakTime Utilities.
From the Start Menu, scroll through the list to the "E" section, expand the ExakTime, and click ExakTime Utilities.
From the Start Menu, search for "ExakTime utilities". The Start Menu should automatically show you the best matches from your PC as you type the app name. Click ExakTime Utilities from the left-hand side or Open on the right-hand side while ExakTime Utilities is highlighted.
Assuming that you installed AccountLinx/SyncLinx to the default folder path, ExakTime Utilities can be found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ExakTime\AccountLinx
- Go to My Computer/My PC. This can be done from your Start menu or by pressing the File Explorer button from your toolbar.
- Go to Local Disk (C:)
- Go to Program Files (X86). If you do not see "Program Files (X86)", then click on "Program Files" instead.
- Go to ExakTime
- Go to AccountLinx
- Look for and click on ExakTime Utilities with the icon.
- Click Database Settings to the left of ExakTime Utilities.
- Enter the credentials unique to your company in the Server, User ID, Password, and Database fields. The fields may be pre-populated when going to the database settings. If the information in those fields is incorrect, you can remove this information and paste the credentials provided to you.
- Click Test Connection. after entering/pasting your credentials in the provided fields.
- You should receive a message that the connection was successful. Click OK to remove the message and then click Save next to the "Test Connection" button.
- If you receive a message that the connection tested successfully, but your database is out of date, you can ignore the message and click OK. This will not impact your use of AccountLinx/SyncLinx.
- If the connection test fails or force closes ExakTime Utilities, put quotation marks (") around the password and try to test the connection again.
- When finished, you can open AccountLinx/SyncLinx.
- If you receive the following error when trying to open AccountLinx/SyncLinx, this generally indicates that your credentials were not saved. Please go to the beginning of this section, try inputting your credentials again and make sure to save them.
Getting SyncLinx & AccountLinx Ready
When opening SyncLinx or AccountLinx after a new installation, you may need to select your data source or the exporter. If you are unfamiliar with what to do, you can refer to the following articles: