Disabling a device can be done by an ExakTime Connect administrator to make any copy of ExakTime Mobile unusable. Once disabled, the copy of ExakTime Mobile has one final opportunity to communicate and send information such as a final time record. This is to ensure that you receive any final records/information before it is disabled.
After disabling a copy of ExakTime Mobile, you can reactivate it in the event that the wrong copy was disabled.
Disabling a Copy of ExakTime Mobile
- Go to Manage in the Menu Bar and click Mobile Devices.
- Any devices currently connected to your account will be displayed in the upper Approved Devices area, while any disabled devices will be in the lower "Disabled Devices" area.
- To disable a device, look for the appropriate device in "Approved Devices" and click Disable to the right of the device entry.
- The device nickname can be used to help identify the device. If you are unsure of the device's nickname, knowing who last used a device can help.
- You can also use the unique device/install ID if you know it. You can find the ID in ExakTime Mobile by pressing the three lines in the top left and tapping Help. The 12-character should be found towards the bottom.
- After the device has performed its final communication, the employee will be brought to a screen like the below example indicating that their copy of ExakTime Mobile has been disabled and that they can reactivate it if they have the company setup code.
Reenabling ExakTime Mobile
In the event that you disabled the incorrect device, you would simply need to enter your current company setup code into the given field.
- The Company Setup Code can be found on your Dashboard or the Mobile Devices page.
- Enter the company setup code into the provided field.