Deduction Codes are optional categories used for classifying Deductions in the system.
The defining of Deduction Codes is required if you choose to utilize the Employee Deduction feature within the system.
Deduction Codes can be assigned to Coverage Options within the Benefit Management Module. Once a Deduction Code is assigned to a Coverage Option, Adds and Updates to Employee Benefits will result in the corresponding Creation or Update of a Payroll Deduction record for that Employee.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Field Value Setup from the top menu bar to show the available options.
- Click Deductions from the list.
The page will have columns for:
- Deduction Category
- Number Assigned
The Actions drop-down menu allows you to:
Adding a Deduction
- Click Add from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Completed the necessary fields for your Deduction. Red fields are required,
- Click Save when finished.
Editing a Deduction Code
- Click the description hyperlink of the deduction code.
- Update the deduction code as necessary.
- Click Update when finished.
Deleting a Deduction Code
- Select the deduction code(s) with the checkboxes on the right-hand side.
- Click Delete Selected Forms from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Confirm the deletion.