Security Roles are used in ExakTime to determine what an employee is able to do within your ExakTime account. This can range from assigning an employee an Administrator security role for unrestricted access or an Employee role so they can only review their time card.
Table of Contents
- Go to Manage in the Menu Bar and click Security Roles.
- Click the ExakTime Connect tab.
Understanding Security Roles Page
- ExakTime Mobile/ExakTime Connect Tabs - View and adjust Security Roles for ExakTime Mobile or ExakTime Connect.
- Add Security Role
- Security Roles - The security roles that will grant employees any given permissions.
- Role Name – Name of the security role. The field can be used to edit the name of a Non-Default role.
- Permissions Tab - Permissions for the selected Security Role.
- Employee Members Tab - A list of all employees with checkboxes to indicate if they belong or should have the security role. Can also be used to assign a security role to an employee. For more information, refer to the appropriate section.
- Permissions/Employee Members – A list of permissions of all available permissions for a Security Role or employee members, depending on the tab selected.
New security roles can be created with the Add Security Role button.
There are 3 default roles for ExakTime Connect:
- Administrator - Given full access to the website and their permissions cannot be changed.
- Employee - Given limited access to the website, but their permissions can be changed.
- No Access - No power and cannot access ExakTime Connect.
The ExakTime Connect permissions will determine what an employee is able to view and do in ExakTime Connect.
For more information about ExakTime Connect permissions, you can refer to the following article for additional information about each permission.
Employee Members Tab
The employee member's tab will show columns for:
- In Role - The checkboxes can indicate if the employee has the Security Role assigned and can be used to assign/unassign the Security Role to the employee.
- Active - If the employee is active in ExakTime.
- Web - If the employee already has access to ExakTime Connect. If they do not already have access, you will need to enter an email and username for the employee.
- Security Role - The security role that the employee currently has.
For assistance with assigning their ExakTime Security Role from within their Employee profile, you can refer to How to Assign ExakTime Connect Security Roles