The options available include:
- Pay Period Processing
- Project /Cost Center Assignments
- Pay Period Rates
Pay Periods Processing
Pay Period Processing displays the time data for the selected Manager,Year, Pay Schedule, and Pay Period. The data is organized in tabs designed to guide the Manager through pay period review.
Step 1 - Review Summary
The Review Summary, or step 1, tab of Pay Period Processing displays a dashboard overview of time data, submission/approval status, and alerts for the selected pay period.
The pie charts displayed regarding Time Cards Submitted and Time Cards Approved reflect the total percentages of all the manager teams listed in the table below. The Manager filter toward the top of the screen defaults to the manager currently logged in. If downstream functionality is enabled (located here) for the module, the manager can filter by any lower lever manager and review that team's data.
The grid to the left of the pie charts displays various alerts and pay period relevant data at a glance:
- Pay Period Status - Indicates whether the pay period has been locked.
- Emps Off Today - References the time off calendar to give a count of employees who have a time off transaction for the current date. Clicking the link will take you to view the time off calendar.
- Emps Off Tomorrow - References the time off calendar to give a count of employees who have a time off transaction for tomorrow's date. Clicking the link will take you to view the time off calendar.*
- Alerts Needing Action - Alerts generated by the system that impact time calculation (Overlapping punches, Missing Punches, etc)
- Informational Alerts - Alerts generated as a result of configuration options. (Max punch duration, max lunch duration, etc)
- Approaching OT - Indicated employees within 5 hours of weekly overtime. (Based on pay group setting)
- Clocked In - Count of employees currently clocked in. Clicking the link will navigate to list of employees filtered by clock status.
- Clocked out - Count of employees currently clocked out. Clicking the link will navigate to list of employees filtered by clock status.
- In Late - Count of employee that have punched 15 minutes or later from the start of their schedule.
- On Break - Count of employees currently punched to break. Clicking the link will navigate to list of employees filtered by clock status.
- At Lunch - Count of employees currently punched to lunch. Clicking the link will navigate to list of employees filtered by clock status.
- Out Early - Count of employees that have punched out 15 minutes or earlier to the end of their schedule.
*If employees in California meet eligibility for a meal break penalty the alerts for Emps Off Today/Tomorrow will be combined in the grid and a meal break penalty alert will be present.
Step 2 - Review Time Clock Cards
The Step 2 - Review Time Clock Cards tab of Pay Period Processing displays an overview of each employee's recorded time clock data for the selected pay period. As with the other tabs within Time Records the data displayed on this tab is filtered by manager, year, pay schedule, and pay period.
The Actions section has functions for updating the status of time cards for employees. Before an action can be applied to a time card, the time card must be selected using the check box at the end of each row. The cards can be selected/deselected individually or by using the Select All or Deselect All buttons. All cards selected will be affected by the chosen action.
- Mark Selected as Submitted will mark the selected card(s) as submit by inserting the date into the Date Submitted column. Indication of who marked the card as submit will also appear in the over details ? for the employee's card. Marking a card as submit is generally performed at the employee level to serve as the employee's acknowledgement of the accuracy of the card. For Time Clock - Entry and Timesheet entry methods once a card is marked as submit the employee will no longer be able to edit the time for that pay period.
- Mark Selected as Not Submitted will removed the submission date and submitted by name from the selected card(s).
- Mark Selected as Approved will mark the selected card(s) as approved by inserting the date into the Date Approved column. Indication of who marked the card as approved will also appear in the over details ? for the employee's card. Marking a card as approved is generally performed at the manager level to indicate that the card has been reviewed.
- Mark Selected as Not Approved will removed the approval date and approved by name from the selected card(s). Marking a card as not approved will also trigger the workflow event "Time Card Denied."
- Email Selected Employees will pull up an email creation interface. It has a count listed of the number of employees that will be receiving the email. Fill out the subject and body text boxes to compose the email then click Send Email. This function is primarily used to remind employees that have not yet submit their time card to do so.
The currently visible cards can be filtered further by Approval/Submission status using the Quick Filter.
If any notes/comments are present for an employee's time card it will be indicated by the presence of an orange circle containing a question mark. This ? icon will appear next to the employee name.
To navigate to the details of a time card click the employee name of the card to be reviewed. From the detail view the information within the card can be edited.
The Records tab contains transaction level details for an employee's time card.
From this view (as well as on subsequent tabs) the card can be marked as approved or not approved by clicking Marked as Approved or Mark as Not Approved next to the selected employee. A new employee card can be reviewed without returning to the overview screen by choosing a new employee from the Selected Employee drop down.
Within the Records tab records can be editing by clicking the link in the Week Day column, created by clicking Create Time Clock Card, deleted by first marking the box at the end of the record then clicking Delete Selected Records, and if using pay rates they can be edited by clicking on the link in the Pay Amount column. Pay rates and the ability to edit may be disabled for the manager view here.
Hovering over the in the Detail column will give additional details regarding the transaction. Details included are actual and rounded punch times, total hours by type, and details regarding the last instance the record was modified. Please note that the system regularly marks a record as modified when performing calculations as new transactions are added to the week.
Hovering over the in the Project/Cost Center column will list the projects and/or cost centers assigned to the transaction.
Create/Edit Time Clock Record
The edit/creation screen for a time clock transaction has options for creating or adjusting the record.
- The Transaction Type drop down determines if the transaction is for regular , meal break, or rest period time. Regular and rest period are paid hours and may be calculated as regular, overtime or double time based on pay group settings. Meal break is unpaid time.
- The Time In Date specifies the date the transaction occurs. If the out punch occurs on the following date, the check box beneath the date field should be marked.
- The Time In Time field is used to specify the in time for the punch. The system recommends a format of HH:MM AM/PM, however it will accept most other time formats including seconds.
- The Time Out Time field is used to specify the out time for the punch. The system recommends a format of HH:MM AM/PM, however it will accept most other time formats including seconds.
- The Deductions field is primarily used by the system when handling auto-meal deductions or when account for DLST transition. It can be used manually to reduce the total time of a transaction.
- The Bonus Hours field is used by the system to apply a meal penalty for California employees with qualifying transactions. It is not used to apply additional hours to a time card as the time entered into the bonus hours field is not considered when calculating overtime.
- The Entry Note field will contain any system notes regarding changes automatically made to the transaction, it is also where managers/admins should not when an entry is modified.
These notes are visible to the employee, but cannot be entered or edited by the employee unless they are set to the Time Clock - Entry entry method.
If configured for the module to require projects or cost centers and values have been assigned to the employee, beneath the entry note field will be drop-downs to specify the projects and/or cost centers associated with the transaction.
Click to add when creating a new record or to save changes to an existing record.
On the Time Clock Transaction Pay Rates screen accessed by clicking the linked pay amount the details regarding how rates are applied to the transaction are displayed.
The rate being applied can be adjusted by:
- Select a new rate from the Pay Rate drop down
- Click Recalculate Rates
- Click Save Rates
This screen does not allow the adjusting of how hours within a single transaction are split, only which rates apply to each split. The splits are determined automatically by the system based on pay group settings.