Arcoro is excited to announce ExakTime Connect Expenses enhancements for 3/2023 for our customers and partners. This release provides enhancements to existing functionality intended to improve the usability of the system. This article will describe the software updates and provide details to help you get started with these enhancements.
The Exaktime Expense feature allows admins and field employees to submit expense records for monetary payout to employees including per diem. Expenses are available for export to select accounting packages via Accountlinx. Support for Sage 100 Contractor will be released with the Expense V2 release.
As part of the March release, Expense V2 will be available for all new and existing Exaktime customers.
The Expense Records page has been updated to show unified expense listings. The grid will display by default expense records for all employees within the date range selected.
- The search bar allows for quick search by employee name or ID, location, expense type, amount, or note
- Within the Expense listing grid headers, 'filter by header' is available for a date, employee, location, expense type, and amount.
- The Search Bar and Grid filters can be used simultaneously and dynamically for enhanced search and filter capabilities.
- The Expense grid now contains a standard date range selector with pre-defined options and the ability to select a custom date range for viewing.
- With the support of exporting expense records to various accounting packages and the update to support Sage 100 Contractor. An Exported column has been added to the Expense record listing. A checkbox will appear if an expense record has been exported via Accountlinx.
Add Expense Records
The user interface to Add Expenses via ExakTime Connect has been improved to allow the bulk adding of expense records for multiple employees and date range in a single expense form entry.
All Employee Selection
The default view of the employee select will show All Employees with the ability to search for a specific employee by name or ID
Filter and Group
The Filter and Group selection will show a pop-up module that will group the employee listing by one of four criteria.
- Employee Group: This setting will group employees by their Assigned employee group. If employees are assigned to multiple groups, they will appear under each group header. If selected within one group, the employee listing will be shown selected within all grouping they are a part of. This selection will not impact the number of expense records created for that employee. Employees not assigned to any employee group will appear in the None grouping
- Category: This setting will group employees by employee category. Employees not assigned to any employee category will appear in the None grouping.
- Location: Select a Location will prompt the users to select a date range
- Cost Code: Select a Cost code will prompt the users to select a date range
Once a date range is selected, employees will be grouped by Location or Cost Code, if the employees have at least one time record within the date range selected. Please note this will not display employees who have time records each day within the date range selected, only if they have at least one-time record on at least one day within the date range selected.
Expense Entry Form
The Expense entry form on the Web has been updated to include the ability to add Expense records for multiple days as well as the existing single-day functionality.
- Select Single Day or Multiple Days. If multiple Days are selected, the date selector will allow a date range. If multiple days are selected, one expense record per employee per calendar day in the range will be created upon saving.
- Include Weekends: Shown when multiple days are selected. If checked this will allow the selection of weekends and include weekends in the date range selected.
- Location: Optional field. Shows all active locations with the ability to search.
- Expense Type: Show all active expense types with the ability to search
- Amount: The user will enter a value for the amount. If the Expense type has a default amount entered, the default amount will apply with no ability to edit.
- Notes: Notes can be entered to provide more context about an expense record.
The Expense Type listing has been updated to include a search bar as well as a filter via grid headers.
- Search bar: Allows searching by type or default amount
- Grid filters: Allows filtering of listing by status, type, and default amount
- Action: Pencil Icon to edit expense type details.
Default Amount per Expense Type
This update to Expenses includes the ability to apply a default amount to Expense Types.
- When a default amount is entered and the Expense type is selected, the amount assigned will auto-populate for the Expense record. This value is locked, and the users will not have the ability to edit within the expense form.
- If an Expense type was edited to include a default amount after existing expense records of that expense type were created. The amounts initially entered into those existing expense records will not automatically be updated. This is to ensure the data integrity of historical expense records. Users will have the ability to edit existing expense records to apply the default amount if needed.