The Direct Deposit section allows the user to view, add or delete Direct Deposit Records.
Table of Contents
- Enabling Direct Deposit for the Employee Portal
- Direct Deposit for Employee Profile
- For EZSync Clients with Millennium Payroll Provider
Enabling Direct Deposit for the Employee Portal
Before the Direct Deposit feature can be utilized, you must first turn on Direct Deposit for the Employee Portal.
- Expand Setup and click Setup Properties from the menu.
- Hover over Employee Portal Setup and click Employee Portal.
- Click on the Quick Links tabs.
- Check the box for Direct Deposit. To configure/add text to the direct deposit link clicks on Configure Direct Deposit. Click Save when finished.
Direct Deposit for Employee Profile
- From the menu, expand Employee, expand Payroll, and click Direct Deposit.
- If already viewing an employee profile, you can hover over "Payroll" to show the available pages and click Direct Deposit.
The Actions drop-down menu, will allow you to:
Create a Direct Deposit Record
- Click Create Direct Deposit Record from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Fill in the required information for the direct deposit record.
- Account Type - (Required) Checking or Savings account.
- Bank Name - (Required) If the bank name does not auto-populate, you can enter the bank name manually.
- Routing Number - (Required) Must be a valid 9-digit number.
- Accounting Number - (Required)
- Deposit Type - (Required) If 100% deposit, then select "Full Amount". If multiple records exist, the "Full Amount" option is used to designate the "remaining balance".
- Amount - (Required)
- Start Date - (Required) Indicates when the record is effective.
- End Date - Indicates when the record should be marked inactive. If the end date is not set, it is assumed it is an active record.
- Priority - The priority field is a numeric value that indicates the order in which the direct deposits should be processed if multiple Direct Deposit records have been created. Priority starts with the value 1.
- Earning Deduction Code - Indicates the Code or ID used within payroll.
Override Pre-Note - Allows you to override the company-level setting for Pre-notes in Payroll. All new direct deposit records will default to Override Pre-Note: Yes. This will tell the sync to populate the Pre-note date field in Payroll for the Direct Deposit record with a date equal to the Start Date -30 days. This will ensure that the record passes the necessary pre-note requirements, and the Employee will receive a direct deposit.
- By selecting Override Pre-Note: No, this tells the sync that the Pre-note SHOULD occur. If Payroll, previously had a date populated in the Pre-note date field on the Direct Deposit record, the sync would delete that value. The EE would then receive a live check.
- If an employee is not aware of their routing or account number, the employee can use a check to find these numbers.
- Click Add Deposit Record when finished.
Editing a Direct Deposit Record
- Click the start date towards the left of a direct deposit record.
- Edit the direct deposit information.
- Click Save Deposit Records when finished.
Delete a Direct Deposit Record
- Use the checkbox towards the right of a direct deposit record.
- Click Delete Selected Record(s) from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Confirm the deletion of the record(s).
EZSync Clients with Millennium Payroll Provider
For EZSync clients with Millennium selected as the Payroll Provider under Payroll Settings, there is additional functionality under Direct Deposits:
This field determines the order in which Payroll makes Direct Deposits and syncs to the corresponding Priority field next to each Direct Deposit record.
Earning Deduction Code
- E/D codes are required for Direct Deposit records to sync.
- Evolution allows only one active occurrence of a Scheduled E/D per employee. The Effective Start Date and Effective End Dates cannot overlap. The error "Employee #**** - duplicate ED Code" will occur any time the evoInfinityHR utility encounters the same ED Code more than once on an employee record if the dates overlap.
- The Prenote flag in evolution will be set on initial creation sync only based on InfinityHR setting. It will sync one time only. The fields will map as follow on the initial creation -
- Infinity No --> evolution Yes
- Infinity Yes --> evolution No
It will then follow evolution logic as to SB Flags & Setting tab of how many days in prenote. Flag will then flip to Prenote No in evolution.
For clients that are using Pre-notes in Payroll, this option allows the administrator to override the company-level setting for Pre-notes in Payroll. All new direct deposit records will default to Override Pre-Note: Yes. This will tell the sync to populate the Pre-note date field in Payroll for the Direct Deposit record with a date equal to the Start Date-30 days. This will ensure that the record passes the necessary pre-note requirements, and the EE will receive a direct deposit.