An employee's ExakTime Connect security role determines what they can do in ExakTime Connect ranging from viewing their time card, reviewing other employees' time cards, creating field notes, etc. You can quickly assign an ExakTime Connect security role and their username/email from the Security Roles page.
If you would rather assign the security role from the employee profile, you can refer to the following article.
Assigning ExakTime Connect Security Role
- Go to Manage and click Security Roles.
- Click the ExakTime Connect tab.
- Add a new security role or select an existing security role from the ExakTime Connect tab.
- Click the Employee Members tab.
- Select the employee with the checkbox towards the left of the employee. You cannot select yourself and another user must change your role.
- If the employee does not already have a username/email, a window will appear for you to enter the information. We recommend that the username and employee email match for ease of use. If you are using any other Arcoro modules, the username for an employee should match across all Arcoro modules.
- Save your changes.
- If the employee does not already have access to ExakTime Connect, they receive an email with a link to verify their email address and create their password. This email is valid for 72-hours. If the employee is unable to verify their email address, you will need to resend the verification email. If you are unsure how to do this, you can refer to How to Resend a Verification Email.