Here are some commonly asked questions from ExakTime Mobile from administrators and employees tracking their time with ExakTime Mobile.
- Why do I see a red X when I try to use my PIN?
- The PIN you entered is incorrect. Try again and if you still have trouble, contact your ExakTime Administrator.
- What do I do if my phone is broken?
- You can use a coworker's device to clock in/out. You just need to make sure that you are logged in with your PIN before clocking in/out.
- Do I have to use the same device all day?
- No, you can clock in and out on different devices throughout the day. Each punch is consolidated to create your resulting time card.
- What if I don't have internet service when I clock in/out?
- You will still be able to clock in/out. ExakTime Mobile will store your punches and send any unsent punches on the next opportunity when ExakTime Mobile tries to send any records or with a sync.
- Why do I see the wrong name in ExakTime Mobile?
- If you do not see your name in ExakTime Mobile, log out of the app to return to the PIN entry screen and enter your PIN. If the PIN you are using is still showing a different employee's name, consult your ExakTime administrator on next steps.
- How much data does ExakTime Mobile use?
- 100 time punches with FaceFront photos will be around 1MB. As a reference to how little data the app uses, consider that watching 1 hour of streaming video uses about 800MB. (When GeoTrakker is enabled, ExakTime mobile can use up to 10MB/month.)
- When does ExakTime Mobile use the camera and the voice recording?
- Only when you allow it to. The camera is only used when clocking in/out or when taking a photo for a Field Note. The voice recording is only used when making a Field Note.
- What if the location/cost code I need is missing?
- If there is a location or cost code you expect to be there, but isn't, sync ExakTime Mobile by pressing the menu button in the top left and press the "Sync" button at the bottom. You can also try logging out and back in after syncing. If you are still unable to find the location/cost code, consult your ExakTime administrator on what should be used/done.
- Why and how often does ExakTime Mobile sync?
- Syncing is used to ensure that the information on ExakTime Connect and Mobile are consistent. How often ExakTime Mobile automatically syncs is dictated by your ExakTime Administrator. Syncing can be done manually by pressing the "Sync" button in ExakTime Mobile from the menu or in the top-right of the Clock In screen.
- When does ExakTime Mobile use my GPS?
- ExakTime Mobile will only use your GPS at the moment of clocking in/out to confirm your location, or for certain features such as GeoTrakker. ExakTime Mobile does not track your location after you have clocked out.