With AccountLinx, you can export your employees' time data and expenses from ExakTime Connect into a compatible file for ADP products that accept Paydata Imports such as PayExpert, PC Payroll, TotalSource, and WorkForce Now.
If you have any questions or concerns during setup and/or use, you can contact us with the "Request Support" link at the top of the page and we will try to assist as best as possible. Keep in mind, however, that we are not ADP support. We will try to assist you as much as we are able, but there are aspects of ADP that are out of our area of expertise and your questions may be better served by ADP support or your trusted contact to answer/assist.
As ADP can be customized to fit your company's needs, it is possible that the default AccountLinx export for ADP will not match your ADP setup exactly. It is advised to read through this article before setting up AccountLinx to understand what is needed ahead of time.
Selecting ADP as your Exporter
- Go to Tools and click Exporter Settings....
- The Exporter Settings window should open. Click Select Exporter....
- A window with a list of available exporters should open. Select "ADP PayExpert, PC Payroll, TotalSource & WorkForce Now" and click OK.
AccountLinx Settings Unique to ADP
The ADP exporter for AccountLinx offers a variety of settings when exporting your time data to help tailor the time data to your company's needs. These settings are unique to AccountLinx and will not affect ExakTime Connect or Mobile. If any of the settings offered do not sound familiar to you, then you may not be using the setting in ADP and can leave it as <None>.
- Go to Tools and click Exporter Settings....
- The Exporter Settings window should open. Click Configure....
- The Configuration window should open. You should see the following options and tabs.
- Company Code - The company code required here is unique to your ADP account.
- Overtime2 - This earning code will be used when exporting your time data for any doubletime/premium hours worked by an employee. This should match the doubletime/premium earning code from ADP.
- Cost Number to - Associate the cost number with the Location or Cost Code. This will add a column to the selected entity.
- Department Code to - Associate the department code with the Employee, Location, or Cost Code. This will add a column to the selected entity.
- Other Hours Code to - Associate the other hours code with the Employee, Location, or Cost Code. This will add a column to the selected entity.
- Certified Job to - Associate the other hours code with the Location or Cost Code. This will add a column to the selected entity.
- Group Similar Time Records Together - If enabled, AccountLinx will group up similar time data for an employee together instead of having each time record kept separate.
- Map to - Associate an alternate earning code with an ExakTime employee, location, or cost code. The alternate earning codes entered should match your ADP earning code. This will add a column to the selected entity.
- This is generally used to help differentiate if an employee should receive a different pay type depending on who it is, where they worked, or what they did.
- For more information about alternate earning codes and how they should be used, you can refer to the following article.
- Click OK on the Configuration window and click OK on the Exporter Settings window to return to the main page of AccountLinx.
- Click the appropriate "Map Employee/Location/Cost Code/Equipment" option to see the columns from the options enabled in Step 3.
Renaming ADP Export File
ADP generally requires that the export file have a specific file name to properly import into ADP. The export file should be named EPIcccAA.csv, where ccc represents the company code, and AA is a two-character alphanumeric (A-Z, 0-9) file identifier that you enter.
If you would like the default export file name from AccountLinx, you can refer to the following article.
General Use of AccountLinx
- For more information about mapping your entities in AccountLinx, you can refer to the following article.
- For steps about exporting time data AccountLinx, you can refer to the following article.
Example of AccountLinx Export
An example of an AccountLinx export opened in Excel has been provided below. The columns have been preformatted based on ADP's template. There are some blank columns as we are trying to best match the export file to ADP's template and not all fields are used by us.
If Time Grouping is Not Enabled
If Time Grouping is Enabled
While you can manipulate the exported data after it has been exported, it is highly discouraged as it can result in data discrepancies when double-checking any data.
How to Import Time Data into ADP
As the import steps can differ between ADP versions and may require the file to be placed in specific folders, it is best to consult your ADP contact for assistance on best practices.
If you need assistance, please feel free to contact us, but keep in mind that we are not ADP support. We will try to assist you as much as we are able, but there are aspects of ADP that are out of our area of expertise and your questions may be better served by ADP support or your trusted contact to answer/assist.