The "Meal Break Exception" report is used in conjunction with the "Manual Meal Break" policy option to provide a quick glimpse of how many breaks an employee has or has not taken. If you have not already enabled/set up the "Manual Meal Break" policy option, you can refer to the following dedicated article for more information.
The report will present to you the:
- Expected breaks for the employee to take
- The meal breaks actually taken
- Any short meal breaks
- The number of missed meal breaks
This report will not show the duration of a meal break or "meal breaks" taken through other means such as gaps in employee hours from manually clocking out and back in after lunch. If you are wanting to the duration of gaps of time in an employee's work day, you can refer to the following article about the Employee Work Time/Off-Clock Summary report.
- Click Reports from the menu bar.
- Click Meal Break Exception Report under the Audit section.
Report Specific Options
The Meal Break report allows you to show the Employee ID in addition to the name. If the "Show Employee ID" option is enabled, you can sort the employees by their name or their ID.
Example of the Report
The Meal Break report will list your Employee and present columns for:
- Hours Worked - Total hours worked by the employee. If the employee has an
- Expected Meal Breaks - The # of meal breaks expected to be taken based on the hours worked.
- Meal Breaks Taken - The # of actual meal breaks taken.
- Meal Breaks Short - The # of meal breaks that were ended before the allotted time.
- Meal Breaks Missed - The # of meal breaks not taken.