Workflows provide the ability to view and manage workflow instances associated with the selected Employee. Workflow Instances can be manually kicked off for the selected Employee by selecting from the Workflow drop-down field and clicking the Create Instance button. Workflow Instances can also be managed by clicking on the name of a Workflow Instance.
For more information about creating a Workflow, you can refer to the following article.
Expand Employees, expand HR Data, and click Workflows from the menu. If you are already viewing an employee profile, you can hover over HR Data and click Workflows.
- Name - Name assigned to the Workflow Instance. Existing workflow instances can be managed by clicking the name of a workflow instance.
- Comments - Any comments entered against the Workflow Instance. Comments can be entered via the Workflow Summary Tab when drilling into a specific Workflow Instance.
- Initial Resource - The name of the Resource assigned to the first step of the Workflow Instance.
- Date Created - Date the Workflow Instance was created.
- Target Completion Date - The date that the Workflow Instance is expected to be completed. This date is initially calculated using the sum of the Step Durations when the Instance is created. However, this date can be updated via the Workflow Summary Tab when drilling into a specific Workflow Instance.
- Total Days - Total number of days the Workflow Instance has been open. If the Workflow Instance is 100% complete, then this value will indicate the number of Days it took to complete the Instance.
- Days Until Target - Days remaining until the target Completion Date is reached. This can be a negative number if the employee has not completed the Workflow Instance by the target completion date.
- % Complete - Percentage of steps that have been completed for the Workflow Instance.
Clicking the Filter icon allows you to filter the workflow instances based on the initial resource and/or all/in-progress instances.
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
- Create Workflow Instance
- Delete Selected Record(s)
Create a Workflow Instance
For more information about creating a workflow instance, you can refer to the following article.
Deleting a Workflow Instance
Be careful when deleting a workflow instance as there will be no confirmation to delete instance.
- Select a workflow instance with the checkboxes towards the right.
- Click Delete Selected Record(s) from the Actions drop-down menu.
- The workflow will be deleted immediately. There is no confirmation prompt to delete the workflow instance.