The Time Clock section of ExakTime Mobile is the initial screen seen after setting up and logging in to ExakTime Mobile for the first time. From the time clock screen, you and your employees can clock in/out, review their hours, allow them to clock in/out for others, and more depending on the logged in user's permission.
What an employee can see and access will depend on their ExakTime Mobile security role and permission(s).
Table of Contents
The Clock in screen is the most used function of ExakTime Mobile where your employees can clock in/out for their day and for supervisors to review employees currently clocked in to a device if your employees are sharing a device.
- Elapsed Time - Track how long you have been on the clock based on your latest clock in. Tapping the chevron icon to the right will give you more information on the latest known clock in.
- GPS Indicator - This icon will help indicate if ExakTime Mobile is able to receive GPS data from your mobile device. Tapping on the icon will show you the current position of the mobile device.
- GPS has good fix on your relative position.
- Searching for GPS position.
- GPS access has been disabled or denied.
- Sync ExakTime Mobile.
- GO/STOP buttons - Used by an employee to clock in/out for themselves. The STOP button will not be accessible if ExakTime does not detect the employee as having an open Clock In record.
- Force Clock Out - If ExakTime Mobile does not detect that the employee has clocked in yet, the STOP button will be grayed out to prevent employees from mistakenly clocking out. If the employee needs to clock out, they can press the i icon to forcibly clock out.
- Meal Break - Meal break allows an employee to start and end their meal break manually.
- Last Updated - The last time that ExakTime Mobile has synced.
- X Employees Clock In - Employees That Used The Device To Clock In. This option will only appear for employees that have been given permission to see employees that have clocked in and is intended for shared devices. If employees clock in on their own device, they will not appear in this listing.
Pressing on the GPS icon from the Clock In screen will show you the current position of the employee based on the location data from the mobile device if possible and a small map of where the device believes it to be. You can interact with the map to zoom in and look around an area.
Clock For is generally used by supervisors/foremen/project managers to clock in/out for other employees or crews.
The employee would select the employee or crew that is working, what location should be used, and the cost code.
For more information on how you can create crews/groups or how to clock in for other employees, please refer to the following articles: Basics to Crews and Groups and Setting Up "Clock For" for ExakTime Mobile
Time cards allow an employee to review their own time card. Supervisors can review and manage the time cards of other employees.
For more information about time cards on ExakTime Mobile, you can refer to the following dedicated article.
History will show the records created on the device and if the records have been sent or not from the past 2 weeks. This can be used to confirm if an employee used the device to clock in/out and if they were sent.
Tapping a record will show you more information about the time record. If the record has not been sent, the information can be modified if it has not been sent yet or attempted to be sent.
For more information about History for ExakTime Mobile, refer to the following dedicated article.
Team View shows the last known position of an employee at the time of their clock in.
- Tapping a pin will show the employee's name.
- Tapping the magnifying glass allows you to search for an employee.
For more information, refer to the following dedicated article.