With Notifications for scheduling, you can send an email or text to employees and/or managers for items such as upcoming shifts, when you're late for a shift, etc. up to 60 minutes before or after a shift. By default, this is set to 15 minutes. These notification settings will also dictate who appears on the Today's Schedule page.
Requirements to Be a Manager
A user is considered a manager if the user has scheduled employees in their viewset and their viewset is not set to "All Employees". If a user's viewset is set to "All Employees", they will not receive any notifications. For additional information regarding employee viewsets, you can refer to the following dedicated article.
Enabling Notifications for Schedules
- Go to
- Click the
- Specify the type of notification(s) to send: Email or SMS.
SMS in USA Only
To receive an SMS message, the employee must have a valid US-based mobile phone number.
At this time, SMS notifications are supported in the USA.
- The options available to send notifications are:
- Enable Pre Shift Notifications - Send notifications to employees X minutes before the start of a scheduled shift.
- Enable Late For Schedule Shift Notifications - Send notifications to employees X minutes after their schedule has started and to managers X minutes after an employee's scheduled shift has started.
- Enable No Show Notifications - Send notifications to managers X minutes after a scheduled shift has ended.
- Enable Wrong Location Notifications - Send notifications to managers when an employee clocks in at the wrong scheduled location.
- Enable Early Employee Notifications - Send notifications to managers when an employee has clocked in X minutes before a scheduled shift has started.
- Enable Clock Out Notifications - Send notifications to managers X minutes after the last scheduled shift for the day has ended.
- Click when finished.
The next article for this topic is Reviewing Today's Schedules in ExakTime Connect