Pay Groups are optional categories used to group employees for payroll purposes and are entered from the Employee Tab of the demographic info page.
If no values are defined in this section, then the Pay Group drop-down menu for an Employee's Demographic Information screen will have a "Not Assigned" option.
If your Employee Data Import includes a field for "Pay Group", then you must define the Pay Groups from the Pay Groups page before importing your data.
- Expand Setup and click Setup Properties from the menu.
- Hover over Field Value Setup from the top menu bar to show the available options.
- Click Pay Groups from the list.
Understanding the Pay Groups Page
Setup Options for Pay Groups
- Code - The Code entered in this field can be custom and only allows up to 10 characters.
- Description - The Description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on an employee profile.
Pay Groups List
- - Clicking this icon allows you to edit the description of a pay group.
- Description - The Description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the employee record.
- Number Assigned - The number of employee records for the respective pay group.
- Synced to Payroll
The Actions drop-down menu allows you to:
Adding a Pay Group
- Enter a code (10-character max) and description for the pay group as required.
- Click Save.
- The pay group will populate the pay groups list.
Editing a Pay Group
- Click the edit icon towards the far left of a pay group.
- Edit the pay group description that loads into the top menu. The pay group code cannot be edited.
- Click Save when finished.
Deleting a Pay Group
- Select the pay group(s) towards the far-right of a pay group record.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Records.
- Confirm the deletion of the pay group. If the deleted pay group is associated with an employee record, the pay group will be removed from their demographic info.