Compensation Categories are optional categories used for grouping Compensation Transactions that fall outside an Employee's normal base pay. Common examples include bonuses, tips, car allowance, or commissions. These categories will displayed when creating a new transition record for an Employee profile.
- Expand Setup and click Setup Properties from the menu.
- Hover over Field Value Setup from the top menu bar to show the available options.
- Click Comp Categories from the list.
Adding a Compensation Category
- Enter a name for the compensation category in the field provided. Click Save when finished.
- The compensation category should appear in the list towards the bottom.
Editing a Compensation Category
- Click the edit icon towards the left of a compensation category.
- The name of category should appear in the field above. Edit the compensation category as desired. Click Save when finished.
Deleting a Compensation Category
- Use the checkbox(es) towards the right of your compensation category.
- Click Delete.
- Confirm the deletion of the compensation category. If a compensation transaction is using the compensation category at the time of deletion, the compensation category for the transaction will be removed and be left blank.