Succession Plans can be auto-assigned to employees based on their job role, or Managers can manually assign them to their direct reports. See Assign a Succession Plan for more details.
Navigating to Succession Plans
- Go to Admin in the menu bar and click Succession Plans from the Succession module.
Managing Succession Plans
- Edit - Click Edit next to the Succession Plan to edit the details of the plan. An assigned Succession Plan cannot be edited
- Delete - An assigned Succession Plan cannot be deleted.
- Copy - Click Copy to copy and rename an existing plan. Try to avoid having Succession Plans with matching names to reduce potential confusion.
Adding New Succession Plan
- Click New Item.
- Set up your Succession Plan.
- Succession Plan Title - Required Field. The title will appear as the name of the succession plan assigned when the employee views it from the Succession Planning > Succession Plans tab.
- Est. Days for Completion - Required Field.
- Description - The description can only be viewed from the Succession plan details. The employee will not see the description of the succession plan.
- Require District Manager Approval
- Approval Email Notice Text
- Additional Approval Email Notice Address
- Default Succession Path Job Code
- Send Approval to Divisional Manager
- Completed Text
- Click Save when finished.