Quarantined time are time punches that are not accepted to an employee's time card due to a time card approval and/or a closed pay period. After all time card approvals have been removed and the pay period has been reopened, the quarantined time will be accepted to the employee's time card.
Table of Contents
- Granting Permission to Quarantined Time
- Understanding the Quarantined Time Tab
- Retrieving Quarantined Time
- Go to Time Cards and click Time Card Summary.
- Click the Quarantined Time tab.
Granting Permission to Quarantined Time
Administrators will have permission to view the Quarantined Time tab by default. Other ExakTime Connect security roles can be granted permission to view the quarantined time tab as it can help when reviewing employee's time cards.
- Go to Manage and click on Security Roles.
- Click the ExakTime Connect tab.
- Click on the role that should have access or create a new role. Administrators will have the option by default.
- In the permissions to the right, enable access to "View Quarantined Time".
- Click Save at the bottom.
Understanding the Quarantined Time Tab
All quarantined time punches of employees in your viewset will be listed here.
There will be columns for:
- ID - The ID of the employee the time punch is for.
- Employee - The name of the employee
- Date - The date and time that the time punch was created.
- Location - The location associated with the time punch.
- Cost Code - The cost code of the time punch. If the time punch is a clock out, then "Out" will be listed.
- Device - The name of the device used to create and send the time punch. If you notice a device name consistently being listed here, you may want to investigate as to why quarantined time punches regularly come the device.
- Pay Period - The pay period that the quarantined time would belong to.
Click the Column Manager button to adjust the ordering of columns or remove/add columns.
Retrieving Quarantined Time
Your quarantined time punches can be retrieved from the Quarantined Time tab to populate your employee's time cards depending on the circumstances that caused it.
Please keep in mind that there may be situations where you may not want to retrieve quarantined time such as quarantined time for a pay period that has past and been paid for as it can create confusion between hours paid for and hours recorded.
The steps to retrieve quarantined time are detailed in the articles linked below: