Additional Help Topics
If enabled, Field Notes allow you to send useful notes, pictures, and/or voice recordings to ExakTime Connect for your office to review.
You may need to allow certain device permissions to fully use Field Notes:
- Camera permission to take photos and attach to field notes.
- Storage permission to attach photos from your photo gallery.
- Microphone permission to use the mic to record voice memos/notes.
If you do not see Field Notes in ExakTime Mobile, but believe you should, consult your ExakTime administrator for assistance.
Adding A Field Note
- Press the menu button in the top left (≡) and press Field Notes from the menu.
- Press the + icon for the subject to specify who, where, or what the field note should be associated with. If you are unsure of the subject for a field note, consult your ExakTime administrator on best practices.
- Enter any comments/notes, take a photo with the camera, attach a photo from your gallery, or record a voice note.
- Tap the photo to draw on the image to point something out.
- Press Save when finished towards the top-right (if on iOS) or at the bottom (if on Android)
Reviewing Field Notes
- Press History at the bottom (if using iOS) or at the top (if using Android) to review previously saved field notes from the past two weeks.
- History will show the subject and comments of any field notes saved from the past two weeks. Tapping a field note allows you to view additional information and the ability to edit a field note if unsent.
- The Field Notes icon towards the left will have the word 'Sent' after the field note has been sent/synced with ExakTime Connect.