Custom Roles allow an Admin to create new roles and assign permissions to the role.
- From Talent Management, click Account Admin from the menu near the top-right.
- Click Company Setup to open the menu, then click Custom Roles.
The Custom Roles page will list previously made custom roles, if any.
From this page, you can see columns for:
- The name of the Company Role
- Description of the Company Role
- Mystery Shop Forms
- Knowledge Base Documents
Clicking the "Company Role" or "Description" header will sort the list of custom roles.
Adding Custom Roles
- Click New Item.
- In the window that opens, enter:
- Role Title
- Role Description
- Default Checkbox - If enabled, the role will be assigned to new employees as they are added automatically.
- Click Save.
- After the role has been added, click Add under the relevant column to open the related modal to add additional permissions/options. For more information about the available permissions, you can refer to the following article.
- In the example modal below for Permissions, you will:
- Use the drop-down menu to select the permission/option to add, then click Add. The assigned permissions/options will be listed at the bottom.
- To remove any permissions/options, click the icon. When done, click Close.
- When done, click Close.
If uncertain what a permission is named and/or what it will do, please contact Arcoro Custom Care for assistance.
Editing a Custom Role
- To edit the basic info of a custom role, click Edit towards the left of the custom role.
- Edit the title, description, or the Default option for the custom role.
- Click Save when finished.
- To edit the permissions/options for the custom role, click Add. For more information about the available permissions, you can refer to the following article.
- In the modal window, you can:
- Use the drop-down menu to select a permission/option and click Add to add new permission.
- Click to remove a permission/option.
- When finished, click Close.
Delete a Custom Role
To delete a custom role, it cannot be assigned to an employee. If you try to delete a custom role that is assigned to an employee, all of the permissions/options will be removed, but the custom role will stay.
- To delete a custom role, click Delete towards the left of the custom role.
For more information about the available permissions for custom roles, you can refer to the following dedicated article: Available Permissions for Custom Roles