Custom Fields in ExakTime allow you to create your own data fields to associate with your entities.
For example, a location could have a custom field for "Zip Code" to better denote where a location is when reviewing time cards.
Custom Fields are currently only used and available for entity lists (Employee, Location, Cost Code, Equipment, and Expenses Lists), the Time Card Details page, and the certified job reports.
If a page has not been listed above, then Custom Fields are not currently available for that page/feature such as Reports, Time Off, Policies, Collection Details, etc.
We offer some default custom fields such as "Job Type" for Locations that are used for Certified Job reports.
Table of Contents
- Setting Up Custom Fields
- Using Your Custom Fields
- Using Custom Fields for Entity Lists
- Using Custom Fields With Time Cards
Setting Up Custom Fields
- Go to Manage and go to Custom Fields.
- Click on Add.
- Set Up Your Custom Field.
- Enter a name for your custom field and what entity it should be associated with.
- Specify the type of custom field:
- Free form text - Allows you to enter any text for the custom field.
- List - Specify what options are available to use with the custom field.
- Click Save when finished. The new custom field will appear in your list.
Using Your Custom Fields
- Go to the section where you will be using the custom field and click the edit icon to the left.
- Click the Custom Fields tab.
- Find the custom field that you created and select/enter the appropriate information depending on the type of custom field.
- Free Form Text - Enter the information needed.
- List - Select the information from the list.
- Save your changes.
Using Custom Fields With Lists
- In your employee, location, or cost code list, click the column manager button to the right.
- Click and drag the custom field and move it towards the columns to the left, or to the "Group By" section towards the top.
- Group By
Using Custom Fields With Time Cards
If you would like to include Custom Fields in the columns of your Time Card Details page, you can refer to Viewing Custom Fields In Time Cards