Policies are used to help calculate your employees' overtime, round their time, help track their meal breaks, and more. While we offer a default policy group that employees can have initially, you can create additional policy groups for your specific needs. For more information about creating a policy group, you can refer to the following article.
After creating a policy group, you can assign a policy group to an employee through the Policies page to quickly assign a policy group to multiple employees. Keep in mind that when changing an employee's policy group, their time card for the current pay period may recalculate based on the newly assigned policy group. For more information about recalculating an employee's time card and how it can be done, you can refer to the following dedicated article.
- Go to Manage and click Policies.
- Select an existing policy group or create a new policy group. For help with creating a new policy group, you can refer to the following article.
- Click the Employee Members tab.
- Use the checkbox towards the left of an employee's name under the "In Group" column. If the checkbox is already checked, then the employee already has the policy group assigned.
- Save your changes. You should see a confirmation dialog with the employees that will be receiving the policy group. If the correct employees are listed, confirm the save.
- It may help to go to the employee's time card for the current pay period to confirm that the time card is calculatin based on the newly assigned policy group. If the time card is not calculating as expected for the pay period, you can click Recalculate at the top of the time card. For more information about recalculating a time card, you can refer to the following article.