The "Fields" tab allows the selection of fields to be included in the export for each Record selected from the "Records" tab and is only available if you have selected "Advanced Mode" from the "Properties" tab.
- Expand Data, expand Exports, and click Manage from the menu.
- Click the name of an existing data export or go to the Actions drop-down menu and click Create Export. If creating a new export, you also have to complete the "Properties" tab first.
- Click the Fields tab. If the "Fields" tab is not present, the Mode of the Data Export is set to 'Basic' on the "Properties" tab.
Each Record tab will show the available fields for that record type. For example, a Header record will not have all the same options as an Employee or Dependent Record. Clicking the 'X Record' tab will allow you to specify what field(s) should be used for the record.
- The "Available Fields" menu will list each field type and the field name. For example, "Benefit – Benefit Plan Name" would be the "Benefit" type and the field name would be "Benefit Plan Name".
- The fields can be filtered by their category to make it easier to find the appropriate field. Click the filter icon towards the top-right to use the "Filter Available Fields" drop-down menu and filter the available fields by their Category.
- When selecting or deselecting fields, you can use the arrows found in the middle:
- - Add the selected field(s) from "Available Fields" to "Selected Fields". Multiple fields can be selected by holding 'SHIFT' while selecting the fields. The newly added fields will be placed last in the "Selected Fields" list.
- - Remove the selected field(s) from "Selected Fields". Multiple fields can be selected by holding 'SHIFT' while selecting the fields.
- - Add all listed fields from "Available Fields" to "Selected Fields". If you have filtered the available fields list by category, only the fields listed will be added.
- - Remove all fields from "Selected Fields" list.
- You can rearrange the order of the fields by selecting a field and using the positioning arrows ( & )to the right of the "Selected Fields" textbox. Multiple fields can be selected by holding 'SHIFT' while selecting the fields.
- You may include fields more than once in the export.
- Use the 'Custom - Custom Text Field' Field to include a hard-coded (custom) value in the export.
Export Fields Data Dictionary
The Data Dictionary will open a window that allows you to research fields used in an Export to ensure correct usage.
The "Filter by Category" dropdown allows you to view fields associated with a specific Data Type. The Dictionary provides Field Name, Data Type, and "Summed when Grouping" Enabled. Summed will add values such as Employee Per Pay Cost (Premiums) to give a single line item amount for all Benefits utilizing the Group by Code.
Under the Benefit field category, there are several fields that begin with "Current". These fields are used when creating a Cross Tab / Matrix export and are meant to be used in files that require data in a fixed position. Examples of some carriers that will require this format are Mutual of Omaha and MetLife.
- Benefit – Current Medical Option Name
- Benefit – Current Other (01) Plan Name
"Current" fields are associated with a Benefit Type configured in the applicable benefit configuration.
For example, if the field 'Benefit – Current Other (01) Plan Name' is being used you will need to know what benefit it is attached to. There will be times when the Benefit is not always directly associated with the Benefit Type.
You will want the same Benefit Type attached to the same benefit across plan years to ensure accurate data is exported.
If the opportunity presents itself, it is best to have unique Benefit Types, but you can use the same Benefit Type for the same benefit only if an employee is eligible for one or the other but NOT both.