Employee Viewsets is an option that limits the employees that another employee is allowed to see and interact with in your ExakTime system.
Whenever an employee is added to ExakTime, their viewset is set to "Only Themselves" so they are unable to see any other employees. They can be later set to see specific employees, employees within groups, or all employees within the system.
What Viewsets Affect
Viewsets will restrict viewing/accessing employees on any page that involves selecting viewing/employees such as, but not limited to:
- Time Card Details
- Bulk Time Entry
- Reports & Report Filters
- Employee Page
- Groups - Limits the employees that you can see when adding/removing from an employee group.
- Security Roles - Limits the employees that can be seen when assigning a security role.
- Policies - Limits the employees that can be seen when assigning a policy.
- Field Notes Page
- Map View/GeoTrakker
- ExakTime Forms Viewer
- Email Notifications - If an employee has permission to view all employees, they will not receive any email notifications/reminders intended for supervisors.
- Time Off Requests
Viewsets will restrict viewing/accessing employees on any page that involves viewing/selecting employees such as, but not limited to:
- Clock For
- Field Notes
- Time Cards
- Employee List
- Time Off Requests
Updating an Employee's Viewset
- Go to Manage from the menu bar and click Employees.
- Click the blue pencil icon to the left of an employees name to look at their employee profile.
- Click the Viewsets tab.
- Select the appropriate viewset option for the employee.
- Only Themselves - Only see themselves within ExakTime Connect/Mobile.
All Employees - See all employees within ExakTime Connect/Mobile.
- If an employee is set to view "All Employees", other options/functions will not be available such as email reminders for Time Card Approvals.
Selected Employees - See only selected employees within ExakTime Connect/Mobile.
- If using "Selected Employees," Employee Groups made on ExakTime Connect will not appear for the user. They will need to create their own crews on their own device.
Selected Employee Groups - See employees that belong to the selected employee groups within ExakTime Connect/Mobile. This can be very useful if multiple employees should view identical employees, allowing you to adjust a single group for a viewset instead of individual viewsets.
- For more information about Groups and setting them up, you can refer to the following dedicated article.
- Click Save when finished.