Enabling a Required Acknowledgement will allow knowledge base documents to be presented and acknowledged by employees after completing a course.
It’s best to create the acknowledgment prior to creating the course
Adding an Acknowledgement Document
- If not already there, click the module navigation button and go to Knowledge Base.
- You should see a list of your current knowledge base resources.
- Press Add Document.
- Name the document, provide a Description, then click Upload Document Note: For Spanish, a separate document will need to be created.
- Press Save.
Adding Acknowledgement to Course
- Click the module navigation button and go to Learning Management.
- From the menu bar, click LMS Admin, click Courses, then click Add New Course.
- Follow the steps to create the course. For additional information, you can refer to How to Add a New Course.
- Expand the Acknowledgement expandable dropdown at the bottom of page.
- Toggle Require acknowledgment to 'Yes'. Additional fields will appear that you can fill out.
- Search for the new Knowledge Base document under Search for Document.
- Adjust the acknowledgment fields as needed such as requiring a signature or adjusting the acknowledgment text.
- Press Save.
Completing an Acknowledgement
- After a student completes an online training, attends an instructor-led course, or completes a course that requires acknowledgment, they will see the status as ‘Incomplete (Pending Acknowledgement)’.
- Click Open to go to the Acknowledgement Page.
- On the page, they will see the acknowledgment document, an acknowledgment statement, and an area to provide their signature if needed.
- After they’ve completed this, the record for this course will be 'Completed'.